- Registration onsite closing 11.10.2021
- Registration online closing 12.10.2021
- Conference Venue: Stadion am Rothenbaum
- Please bring your proof of vaccination, recovery, PCR test or negativ test in English or German
- Please bring your ID when you pick up your conference ticket
- All locations are "open-air" - be prepared
41. WISTA International AGM & Conference
Shipping 2025: Today's actions for tomorrow's business
12 -15 October 2021 | Hamburg
Chairwomen of the board of WISTA Germany
Dear WISTA Members, dear Friends!
Since then, not only has the shipping industry changed enormously, but the pace of change and pressure to adjust is accelerating. Therefore, we are tailoring the conference to highlight new trends in the maritime industry and where these might take us in the near future.
12:00 - 18:00 IMO Workshop - GloFouling Partnerships - Conference session on Biofouling Management
19:00 - 23:00 Presidents' Dinner (on invitation only)
09:00 - 12:00 WISTA International: NWA President Round Table Discussion
12:00 - 13:00 Lunch
13:00 - 17:00 WISTA International Annual General Meeting (AGM) (For WISTA members only)
19:00 - 23:00 Pre-conference get together at Internationales Maritimes Museum
09:00 - 09:45 Welcoming remarks
The current challenges of the shipping industry
09:45 - 10:30 Keynote speech
Shaping global trends
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 - 12:30 New economy 2025 for the maritime industry
Trading and shipping are renowned as some of the most traditional and the most international business areas. The sectors have undergone many industrial revolutions and have always managed to redefine themselves. We are now in the midst of the fourth industrial revolution – the most challenging one in the recent past. The exponential speed of the technological advancement and digital megatrends are the driving forces for the maritime industries to reconsider their business models with emerging players, even from other industries.
This session will look at
- What is and could be “New Economy for the Maritime Industry”?
- What would this New Economy look like in the eyes of the industry leaders?
- How will we be shaping this New Economy and transforming the industry in the new era?
12:30 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Climate change and its impact on maritime business models
Melting arctic, increasing sea levels, unusual seasonal and extreme weather conditions– just to name some phenomena of the omnipresent climate change. These changes already have an impact today and as a countermeasure the International Maritime Organization (IMO) has decided on an extensive review of its conventions on reducing pollution from the shipping industry which entered into force in 2020 - but is this enough?
How and to what extent does the above trigger changes in existing business models and what will it take for players in the maritime sector to lower the environmental footprint of our industry further. We all know, only collective actions will allow us to master these challenges and protect our planet in the future.
This session will discuss
- What is the impact of climate change on the maritime business, already today?
- How is the industry preparing and reacting pro-actively to these circumstances? – Any best practices to learn from each other?
- Which new business models are emerging due to these factors?
- How can we cooperate and collaborate more efficiently to cope with these challenges?
15:30 - 16:15 Networking coffee break
16:15 - 17:30 Workshop sessions I-IV
Future of work ashore and on board – can we make both attractive?
The workshop will deal with what the future working environment should look like for the personnel ashore and onboard to attract a talented and skilled workforce for the maritime industry.
Cyber crime & autonomous shipping – how to protect your company?
With an increasing level of automation and digitization of processes, infrastructures and vehicles in transport - How do companies in the maritime industry secure themselves against cyber crime?
Financing maritime ventures – new ways to fuel your businesses
The prosperity of the maritime business seems to be endless. Many small and medium-sized companies have to be innovative about how to finance their new business. In this workshop, ideas and creativity on maritime venture finance have no limit. Let’s share!
The value of diversity / Social value shift in 5G–Organization (5 Generations of population)
Diversity is recognized as one of the critical factors to succeed in the digital transformation. Many organizations are working intensively to retain their skilled personnel. In this workshop, we will discuss how organizations can grow/foster/encourage diversity and meet expectations on new social value shift of the mixed generations in the organization. Experiences, best practices and ideas are highly welcome.
19:00-23:00 Reception at Old Customs Office "Hauptzollamt Hafen Hamburg"
09:00 - 09:15 Welcome address
09:15 - 10:45 Intelligent infrastructure & asset service of 2025 enhancing supply chain efficiency
Customer demand and behaviors on product and service deliveries in the supply chain and logistics require more visibility, sustainability and trustful environment. With technological advancement, infrastructure and assets which form the main components of the products and services will become more intelligent and service-oriented.
This session will discuss
- How will the infrastructure and business assets of the future look?
- To which extent will infrastructure and business assets play a role in leveraging the service deliveries in the supply chain of 2025? Will they stay unchanged?
- What are the requirements of the maritime business for the infrastructure and asset providers to move on in the transformation?
10:45 - 11:30 Coffee break
11:00 - 12:00 Closing remark
12:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 17:00 Excursions
19:00 - open end Gala Dinner at Hamburg's Panoramadeck
CONFERENCE Venue: STADION AM ROTHERBAUM
AT our Networking Events
Once the congress is done, let’s start networking. We chose famous traditional and historical maritime locations which are offering a special open air flair.
With its flair and maritime charm, Hamburg impresses every visitor anew! Start your Hamburg excursion and explore the city’s top sights.