- Registration onsite closing 11.10.2021
- Registration online closing 12.10.2021
- Conference Venue: Stadion am Rothenbaum
- Please bring your proof of vaccination, recovery, PCR test or negativ test in English or German
- Please bring your ID when you pick up your conference ticket
- All locations are "open-air" - be prepared
The programme will be constantly updated with the latest details regarding sessions and topics, speakers and timelines.
09:00 - 09:45 Opening and Welcoming Remarks. "The current challenges of the shipping industry"
09:45 - 10:30 Keynote speech by Matthew Griffin "The Future of Shipping"
10:30 - 11:00 Coffee break
11:00 - 12:30 Session 1: "New economy 2025 for the maritime industry"
Trading and shipping are renowned as some of the most traditional and the most international business areas. The sectors have undergone many industrial revolutions and have always managed to redefine themselves. We are now in the midst of the fourth industrial revolution – the most challenging one in the recent past. The exponential speed of the technological advancement and digital megatrends are the driving forces for the maritime industries to reconsider their business models with emerging players, even from other industries.
This session will look at
- What is and could be “New Economy for the Maritime Industry”?
- What would this New Economy look like in the eyes of the industry leaders?
- How will we be shaping this New Economy and transforming the industry in the new era?
12:20 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 15:30 Interactive Panel 1: People
People bring the greatest value to an organization. In this panel two questions will be discussion regarding trends and challenges of how the maritime business could cope within the future on “People” topics:
- Value of Diversity in organization: Diversity is one of the critical factors to succeed in the digital transformation. Many organizations are working intensively to bind the skilled personnel. We would like to discuss how organization could do best to grow diversity and meet expectation on new social value shift of the mixed generations in the organization.
- Future of Work: The second topic people will deal with how the future working environment should look like for the personnel ashore and onboard to attract talented and skilled workforce for the maritime industry.
15:30 - 16:00 Networking coffee break
16:00 - 17:00 Interactive Panel 2: Finance
The prosperity of the maritime business seems to be endless. Many small and medium-sized companies have to be innovative about how to finance their new business. In this panel, the innovative financing sources will be discussed, and best practices can be shared in the network.
17:00 - 17:15 Summary and Closing Remarks Conference Day 1
19:00 - 22:00 Reception at the "Internationales Maritimes Museum"
09:00 - 09:15 Welcome address
09:15 - 10:45 Session 2: “Climate change and its impact on maritime business models”
Increasing sea levels, unusual seasons and extreme weather conditions, melting arctic – just to name some phenomena of climate change. These already have impacts today on the operation of the maritime business. How and to what extent does it trigger changes of business models and what will it take for players in the maritime sector to survive climate change. And we all know, only collective force will help us overcome this challenge. This session will discuss
- What is real impact of the climate change to the maritime business, already today?
- How does the industry prepare and react pro-actively to these circumstances? – Any best practices to learn from each other?
- Which new emerging business models are caused by these factors?
- How can we cooperate and collaborate more efficiently to cope with this challenge?
10:45 - 11:15 Coffee break
11:15 - 12:45 Session 3: “Intelligent infrastructure & Asset service of 2025 enhancing supply chain efficiency”
Uncertainty of the pandemic aftermath, changing customer demand and behaviors on product and service deliveries in the supply chain and logistics require more visibility, sustainability and trustful environment. With technological advancement, infrastructure and assets which form the main components of the products and services will become more intelligent and service-oriented. This session will elaborate
- How would the infrastructure and business assets of the future look like?
- To which extent will infrastructure and business assets play a role in leveraging the service deliveries in the supply chain of 2025? Will they stay unchanged?
- What are the requirements of the maritime business for the infrastructure and asset providers to move on in the transformation?
12:45 - 13:00 Conference Wrap Up & Closing
13:00 - 14:00 Lunch
14:00 - 17:00 Excursion and Networking
At 2 pm several buses will be waiting in front of the "Stadium am Rothenbaum" to pick the participants excursion and bring them to our harbour side "Landungsbrücken". From there you will board a ship for a harbour sight seeing tour until 5 pm. Spouse may join if registered before in the portal.
CAUTION: You need the LUCA app on your mobile phone for registration. Luca is a commercial mobile app for the provision of data for contact person tracking and for risk contact notification in the context of a pandemic.
19:00 - 23:00 Closing Dinner at the former Hauptzollamt Hamburg
Status: September 2021 / Program content subject to change and currently under review